Enviromatic Nationwide Inspection Program
Guideline for cleaning the complete kitchen hoods and grease exhaust vent systems at various restaurant chains:
e-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Should We Inspect?
Why our job is so important. WE DO SAVE LIVES!! (article from the Boston Globe)
The nationwide inspection program covers all jobs outside the current 27 state Enviromatic service area. This program insures all cleanings are done to exacting Enviromatic and NFPA96 standards with complete picture verifications of each completed job. It also includes verification of system compliance with Enviromatic and NFPA96 standards with detailed reports and recommendations to make sure the system can be properly cleaned and maintained.
Enviromatic does not accept the idea of inaccessible areas. We require all areas of the system to be made accessible and company have the proper equipment to reach the complete system and properly clean it. We do not allow program/partial cleanings unless prior authorization is granted in writing. We do not allow "Catching up" and "Getting a little more each time" for grease exhaust cleanings as those statements have always been the biggest lie in the industry in the past. Initial cleanings will be done to the same standards as the normally scheduled (repeat) cleanings. The following are the current procedures to follow for the various cleaning contractors who are cleaning restaurants who have contracted Enviromatic Corporation for their quality control and management of the grease exhaust vent system cleanings. Please be aware that Enviromatic does not subcontract work and you are still working directly for and invoicing the various restaurants you are cleaning.
- Current cleaning contractors are to e-mail or fax job schedules of the jobs under the inspection program to Enviromatic prior to the all cleanings.
- Jobs will be done to the job specifications listed on this web site and to NFPA96 guidelines. There shall be no grease buildup left in the system when complete and the entire airflow section of the grease exhaust vent system shall be cleaned down to the metal. (Exception: you do not need to remove permanent paint and/or permanent fan blade Teflon style coatings if present.)
- Required access plates will be installed to reach any inaccessible areas. There shall be NO inaccessible areas when complete for the job to pass inspection. You must work out charges for any needed access installations prior to starting job with the appropriate customer facilities and/or management persons.
- Pictures are to be taken following the picture guide on this web site. Missing pictures or unclear pictures will automatically result in a "FAILED INSPECTION."
- Do not reduce the size of the pictures before sending. You may split them and send in several e-mails if needed.
- Pictures are to be e-mailed to email@example.com after the completion of each job.
- A reply e-mail will be sent for each job with a "PASSES INSPECTION" or a "FAILED INSPECTION."
- Failed inspections will have an additional explanation on what will be needed to pass the job.
- Failed inspections will need new pictures sent after the corrective action is taken and a new reply will be sent so you can get paid.
- You must attach and send a copy of a "PASSES INSPECTION" e-mail reply from Enviromatic for each job with your invoice for payment approval.
- Enviromatic will also be doing annual personal inspections of each job to take baseline pictures and to verify cleanings and proper access to systems.
- Also include any system discrepancies in the e-mails that will be forwarded to the appropriate people for corrections.
- PARTIAL CLEANING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION. Partially cleaned jobs will fail inspection.